E-bike riders, as all bike riders, are passionate advocates for growing the sport. There are still many myths to dispel and facts to drive home about e-bikes. Whether you’re trying to learn more about e-bikes and where they’re allowed, or advocate for better policies, we can help with these resources.
Stories and Expert Accounts
- Find helpful stories on our e-bike Blog
- Get more background info by listening to our Webinars
- E-Bike Summit panels, conversations with e-bike industry and advocacy leaders:
Progressive eMTB Laws and Ordinances
- Jefferson County decision to allow Class 1 eMTBs wherever a bike is allowed.
- Santa Clara County Parks allows electric bicycles anywhere bicycles.
- In 2017, the San Juan National Forest released its management decision for the Hermosa Watershed Recreation and the Hermosa Watershed Management Plan on the Forest last fall. Class 1 e-bikes will be allowed on 13 miles of non-motorized singletrack trail mostly at the Purgatory ski area close to Durango, Colo.
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort secured approval from the U.S. Forest Service to allow Class 1 eMTBs on its 80-mile trail system. Here is an educational PDF on trail access.
- E-bikes are allowed in state parks in CO, DE, FL, LA, MO, MN, ND, NV, PA, UT.