More than 200 industry leaders power the PeopleForBikes Coalition. Together, we represent the business voice of U.S. bicycling, extending the resources, reach and influence of bike companies. To add your company as a member today, email Rod Judd, director of membership and development.
» JOIN US ON THE FRONT LINES
We are bike industry leaders, technology innovators, cutting-edge designers and performance product specialists. Together, we’re working to build fun and safe places to ride and advocate for federal, state and local policies that make it easier for everyone to make biking a part of everyday life.
» ALIGN WITH FELLOW LEADERS
Use the PeopleForBikes Coalition directory to connect with other businesses and see who else is prioritizing the advancement of better bicycling.
» JOIN A SUBCOMMITTEE
Four subcommittees help shape the future of the bike industry. We encourage leaders from member companies to join a subcommittee and be part of our mission to create an environment where bicycling and bike businesses thrive.
» BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Gain early access to the latest reports, research, webinars and other data published by PeopleForBikes, including our annual PlacesForBikes City Ratings.
» PUT YOUR PRIORITIES ON DISPLAY
As a Coalition member, our swag closet is your swag closet. Use our smiling bike logo alongside yours to let your customers know that you’re an ambassador for better bike riding. We also support our coalition members by co-promoting fundraisers, raffles and other outreach efforts.
» ENJOY THE PERKS
Coalition members qualify for a free Ride Spot Premium account, a valuable digital platform designed to help you connect with customers and guide them to great riding experiences.
Membership benefits also include:
- Action steps: You’ll receive professional guidance on industry recalls and other bike equipment issues being considered by the Consumer Product Safety Commission or state agencies.
- BSPA Owner’s Manual: Membership will continue to include access to the BPSA Owner’s Manual.
- Discounts: Deals on exhibit space at key industry trade shows.
- Events: Network with thought-leaders in the industry at the Bicycle Leadership Conference, DRAFT meetups and other PeopleForBikes events.
- Member Center: All employees from PeopleForBikes Member companies can log In for access to all the benefits at the Member Center
- Promotion: Show your customers that you support a cause they care about: better biking.
- Reports & Data: Members of BPSA and PeopleForBikes have exclusive access to products such as monthly reports of wholesale trends available only to participating suppliers and monthly reports of retail sales by product category and subcategory (units, dollars, average selling price) with an overview by Dirk Sorenson of NPD. Data access also includes reports on industry issues that combine insights from a variety of research sources and webinars on industry issues hosted by experts from the bike and other industries.
- Representation: We lobby elected officials and work with decision makers to build a better biking environment for your customers and your business.
- Ride Spot: Market your brand with direct and retail promotions on our mobile app and digital engagement platform.
- Sustainability + Safety Resources: Members receive discounted registration to the following Outdoor Industry Association Sustainability BootCamps and the Climate Action Corps network. Members receive discounts on the bicycle Owners Manual license. Product certification company UL also offers members discounts on product safety certifications and training.
PeopleForBikes will increase membership dues on January 1, 2021.
- New Rate: On January 1, 2021, members will move to a One Rate of $1,250 per $1 million in U.S.
bicycle related sales. This is 1/8th of 1% of annual sales revenue.
- Streamlined: Many of our members have been paying BPSA membership dues and/or making a
contribution to the industry’s e-bike fund. These payments will no longer be collected.
- Maintain Funding: No member will pay less in 2021 than in 2020 (unless their sales decrease).
- Membership Minimum: $1,000.
Sign up for a free affiliate account on Ride Spot. Premium Ride Spot Retailers receive all the benefits of PeopleForBikes Coalition membership as part of their premium package.
You can also join PeopleForBikes as an individual supporter here. We’ll send you updates on bike-related policy in your area and keep you informed on ways to take action for better biking.