Title: Northwest Arkansas Bike Business Innovation Team Manager
Location: Benton County, Arkansas (PeopleForBikes is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado)
Industry: Bicycle Industry Nonprofit
Employment and Classification: “At will” employment status; full-time position
PeopleForBikes (PFB) seeks a full-time Manager for its Northwest Arkansas Bike Business Innovation Team (“team”), based in Benton County, AR. The ideal candidate will work alongside the Northwest Bike Business Innovation Team Director, managing the team of innovation and solutions experts who will guide Benton County employers, large and small, toward workplace-based programs that rapidly increase the number of employees who bike for transportation and recreation through programmatic and infrastructure interventions.
- Experience in program design, delivery and communications, ideally with experience working with municipal, university and/or corporate transportation programs.
- Four-year college degree, all majors considered; experience can be substituted for years of advanced education.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to usher a complex project through to completion.
- Experience developing and implementing innovative marketing and campaign strategies.
- Demonstrated verbal (including public speaking) and written communication skills (including storytelling).
- Collaborative team approach to work and the ability to interface with external partners, people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Manage contracts, grants and business relationships.
- The ability to self-direct, work independently (including from a remote office), comfortably juggle multiple projects and work on tight timelines.
- Willing to travel 10% of the time.
- PeopleForBikes will consider alternative ways that an applicant may have gained the required qualifications, outside of traditional pathways.
- Experience in performance management (using data to assess and drive performance, and measuring progress).
- Experience in data collection (research, interviews and observations).
- Experience in facilitation (organizing a structured, productive group conversation).
- Experience conducting outreach in diverse communities, identifying underserved communities, and supporting strategies to enhance access to program offerings for those communities.
- Experience in event design and management.
- Experience using technological tools, including phone-based apps and other interfaces, to accomplish goals.
The Northwest Arkansas Bike Business Innovation Team Manager’s primary role will be to use marketing campaigns to make people aware of biking options, persuade them to try those options, and ultimately convince them to use those options long-term, in businesses in Benton County. This requires a dynamic, accelerated approach that leverages internal and external resources. This is a management position that is designed to design and deploy plans and tools that engage, inspire and motivate people to ride bikes more often; all in service of increasing employee-based bike riding. This manager reports to the Northwest Arkansas Bike Business Innovation Team Director.
The manager will also be expected to:
- Manage all aspects of this program, including but not limited to the team, budget, schedules and all project elements.
- Design, implement and manage comprehensive action plans for project delivery, including timetables and budget for projects or program elements.
- Design ways to increase the number of people who bike through a variety of mechanisms, including group rides, infrastructure improvements, targeted campaigns, coaching, events, communications, materials, Ride Spot incentive programs, peer support and more.
- Create, write and develop stories around successes and progress, reports and other documents.
- Implement performance measures to evaluate progress, and adjust programs accordingly.
- Develop and coordinate collaborative relationships outside organizations, advisory board members, departments, funders, regional civic leaders, consultants, experts, community partners and external partners to achieve common goals, offer practical advice and confront barriers to change.
- Develop methods of communication and knowledge sharing that inspire ideas and cultivate growth of pilot projects and other community-wide initiatives.
- Present policy options that mix bike mobility into broader community-wide transportation and economic solutions, with a focus on accelerated implementation.
- Engage and connect communities with expert assistance from PeopleForBikes and recognized strategists with proven track records of success.
- Work with and relate to people of different races, genders, socioeconomic classes, job types and other diversity of culture, background and experience.
Compensation and Benefits
- This “at will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package is offered, which includes health insurance (at least a taxable stipend towards individual coverage), generous paid time off and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan, with immediate vesting.
- The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000.
- Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and one writing sample in one, single PDF file, via email, with “Bike Business Innovation Team Manager” to PeopleForBikes director of state and local policy Morgan Lommele, at [email protected]
- The cover letter should be no longer than one page, and briefly explain the candidate’s interest in working at PeopleForBikes and applicable experience.
- Telephone, in-person inquiries to PeopleForBikes staff or incomplete applications will not beaccepted.
- The position is available immediately and will remain open until July 17, 2020.
- Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background.
- PeopleForBikes is an equal opportunity employer.
About PeopleForBikes: PeopleForBikes works to unite millions of Americans, thousands of businesses, and hundreds of communities to make every bike ride safer, more accessible, and more fun. We are a member-based organization whose constituents consist of companies in the bike industry, institutions with an interest in bicycling and 1.3 million grassroots supporters. PeopleForBikes has a Coalition that is the U.S. bicycle industry’s trade association and a Foundation that supports and promotes bicycling’s benefits and backs crucial bike infrastructure projects and programs.