Title: Membership & Development Manager
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Industry: Bicycle Industry Nonprofit
Employment and Classification: “At will” employment status; full-time position
PeopleForBikes is seeking a full-time manager whose primary responsibility will be communicating with current and prospective members and supporters about dues payments, membership opportunities and benefits.
We are a member-based organization whose constituents consist of companies in the bike industry, institutions with an interest in bicycling and 1.3 million grassroots supporters. PeopleForBikes has a Coalition that is the U.S. bicycle industry’s trade association. It works to unite millions of Americans, thousands of businesses, and hundreds of communities to get more people riding more often. PeopleForBikes also has a Foundation that supports and promotes bicycling’s benefits and backs crucial bike infrastructure projects and programs.
The membership and development team works to recruit and retain members, promote sponsorships for events and programs that advance biking and the bike industry. The team also raises funds, helps administer programs and manages grants for PeopleForBikes Foundation. The ideal candidate will provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective member companies, individual supporters and colleagues. He or she will be personable and detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- At least three years experience in account management, sales administration or a non-profit membership department.
- Must be able to work from PeopleForBikes headquarters in Boulder, Colorado.
- Personable and articulate with the ability to clearly communicate and negotiate with all types of partners.
- Highly proficient in accounts receivable processes; invoicing, payment reconciliation and collections.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in database administration required. SalesForce and/or QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google suites.
- Bicycle or outdoor industry experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills. Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with industry professionals in person, through email and phone conversations.
- Ability to juggle projects and priorities.
- Commitment to handling confidential information with discretion.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with a variety of teams (marketing, accounting, leadership).
- Ability to make recommendations and confidently present to management.
- Loves bikes and the outdoors—an appreciation for active living is part of PeopleForBikes culture.
- Maintain membership records in a SalesForce database recording and updating contributions and organizational data from member companies, foundations and individuals.
- Work with the finance team to ensure accounting records are up to date.
- Diligently handle all member invoicing and collections tasks. Keep membership records updated and ensure members have access to benefits.
- Making calls and sending emails to contacts at organizations regarding all aspects of membership.
- Attend industry events and trade shows, including meetings with members and prospective supporters.
- Assist with fundraising and sponsorship negotiations, including sponsorship agreements and fulfillment.
- Write and distribute reports for PeopleForBikes staff.
- Work on sponsorship and promotion of PeopleForBikes’ Ride Spot technology platform.
- Work with the finance team to manage accounts payable processes for bicycle infrastructure projects.
- Assist with organizing events and promotions.
- Assist with fundraising assignments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
This “at will” full-time employee position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter via email with “PFB Development Manager” in the subject line to PeopleForBikes Director Membership + Development Rod Judd at [email protected]. The cover letter should briefly explain the candidate’s interest in working at PeopleForBikes and applicable experience.
Telephone, in-person inquiries to PeopleForBikes staff or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background. PeopleForBikes is an equal opportunity employer.