Title: Marketing Director – PeopleForBikes Foundation
Location: Boulder, CO
PeopleForBikes has a mission to get more people riding bikes more often. We work to help riders of all kinds and abilities have better bike riding experiences. We share inspiration, work at the local, state and federal level to get cycling friendly projects completed and advocate for bike riding. We love to work with people who are as passionate as we are to create a better world for bikes.
The PeopleForBikes Marketing Director builds our brand through the creation of impactful events, inspiring content and targeted communications. Utilizing channels, primarily digital, but ranging from events to retail stores to built environments and advertising, the Marketing Director communicates the stories of bike riding success. He or she builds the strategy, defines the KPI’s and directs the team that guides and inspires riders, retailers and suppliers through their journey to better riding of all kinds.
As our Marketing Director
- You are a digital marketing expert, you understand cycling and the barriers that keep people from riding more often.
- You empathize with and speak their language of new riders.
- You deliver on Brand and Business objectives and connect riders to relevant experiences and stories that inspire them to ride.
- You understand our web and mobile technologies and the role of our consumers channels.
- You value the importance of data and consumer insights.
- You appreciate the creative and communication teams you manage and partner with all internal stakeholders to help them do their best work.
- You aren’t afraid to try and fail, then learn and find success.
- Develop the strategy for rider, retailer and supplier categories, focusing on integrated digital campaigns that create demand and retain users.
- Research and brief stories and experiences for our digital channels that serve our members first and inspire them to make riding a daily habit.
- Manage the seasonal consumer engagement plans from planning and development through launch and reporting, focusing on a clear set of KPI’s
- Contribute to weekly meetings with partners across our business.
- Plan, brief and review content with stakeholders to ensure a seamless and integrated consumer journey regardless of channel.
- Manage the digital seasonal calendar.
- In partnership with our researchers, understand and apply insights to improve the way we communicate and connect with our consumers across all channels.
- Provide strategic input for categories and creative partners on the role of digital journeys and optimizing stories across the digital ecosystem.
- Create briefs for internal and external partners that support the overall brand strategy and insure inspiring and effective content regardless of origin.
- Provide clear, actionable feedback to all partners.
- 8-10+ years’ experience in Digital Marketing.
- High-level strategic thinker with attention to detail.
- Problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Analytical skills to gather business/user insights and apply learnings.
- Solid understanding of SEO and SEM.
- Strong project leadership and ability to juggle between projects and priorities.
- Proven track record of work collaboratively and effectively with creative teams.
- Ability to make strategic recommendations and present to marketing leadership.
- A belief that bikes can make for a better world.
Compensation and Benefits
This “at will” full-time employee position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email with “PFB Marketing Director” in the subject line to PeopleForBikes Director of Membership + Development Rod Judd at [email protected]
The position will remain open until filled. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for more general information and organizational background. PeopleForBikes Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.