PeopleForBikes’ Business Network team is recruiting a Business and Political Engagement Manager
PeopleForBikes works to make bicycling better for everyone. Our PeopleForBikes Business Network staff team touts the key economic outcomes of bicycling (including jobs created, taxes paid, transportation dollars saved, plus the value of new development) to cultivate elected officials as champions. Our contemporary strategy includes work inside the bike industry and with major corporations, national associations and other influential partners. Our Business and Political Engagement Manager will build on our current business-mobilization and political-organizing tactics by adapting creative ideas from the technology and campaign sectors. One central goal of this position is to enhance our political power and move our coalition forward.
The successful candidate will be a team player who will work well with our government relations team that is based in Colorado and in Washington, D.C. She or he will bring strong creative, organizational and writing skills to the position, and will work quickly, diligently and conscientiously on each and every project.
Required qualifications and attributes include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, government, marketing, political science or a related field
- A strong interest in political work and business coalitions
- Experience in the tech sector or participation with a business or trade association, membership departments, leadership programs, entrepreneurship or start-ups, business coalitions or chambers, or political or idea campaigns
- Desire to work on a diverse range of projects, including business organizing, political work, marketing materials or website content, and administrative work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to ensure communications adhere to the organization’s writing and brand standards
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Collaborative work style and excellent customer service, both internally and externally
- Experience tracking business engagement in customer relations management software (Salesforce)
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple projects and work on tight timelines
- Self-directed and able to carry out assignments without supervision
- Willingness to travel
- Experience managing websites and creating content for the web and social media
- Enthusiasm for bicycling in all its forms
- Business Engagement
- Creatively bring together the bike industry across the nation by using current tactics and identifying new ones from other sectors
- Manage DRAFT meetups: execute DRAFT: Colorado events and assist other DRAFT events across the nation with marketing, communication, group leadership, and new tactics
- Help innovate and organize our business coalition
- Political Engagement
- Plan and implement our congressional targeting strategy by coordinating events, communications and outreach in the districts of key legislators
- Plan and execute fly-ins to Washington D.C., where we take representatives from the bike industry to meet elected officials and staff
- Manage PeopleForBikes political action committee, BikesPAC: organize fundraising events and aid in spending plan
- Interface and coordinate with communications related vendors, including marketing consultants, advertising agencies, event organizers, web developers, photographers, etc.
- Collaborate in management of social media presence as it relates to business engagement
- Assist with production of mass HTML emails and other electronic communications
- Assist with the production of newsletters, brochures, annual reports, flyers, press releases, advertisements and other materials
- Prepare PowerPoints and other presentation materials
- Work closely with senior management to adhere to budget guidelines
- Assist in developing metrics for business engagement, track business and political engagement within our customer relations management software (Salesforce) and use metrics to assess outcomes
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, data entry and general office support
- Collaborate in strategy development for PeopleForBikes – Business Network and its programs
- Contribute to the upkeep of a small office
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and benefits:
This “at will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. In addition, a generous benefits package is offered, which includes health insurance, paid time off and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan.
Interested applicants should submit an attached resume, cover letter and optional portfolio via email with “Business and Political Engagement Manager ” in the subject line to [email protected]
The position will remain open until filled. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted. PeopleForBikes is an equal opportunity employer.