Title: Staff Accountant + Data Administrator — PeopleForBikes Coalition
Location: Boulder, CO
Industry: Bicycle Industry Nonprofit
Employment and Classification: “At will” employment status; full-time position
PeopleForBikes (PFB) works to unite millions of Americans, thousands of businesses, and hundreds of communities to make every bike ride safer, more accessible, and more fun. Our mission is to put more people on bikes more often and make every bike ride better for everyone. Nationwide, PeopleForBikes represents 280 supplier members, more than 1,100 Ride Spot retailer members, and 1.3 million individuals. PeopleForBikes has a Coalition that is the U.S. bicycle industry’s trade association and a Foundation that supports and promotes bicycling’s benefits and backs crucial bike infrastructure projects and programs.
PeopleForBikes is hiring a Staff Accountant + Data Administrator.
The selected candidate will manage general accounting and financial processes of both the PeopleForBikes Coalition and PeopleForBikes Foundation as well as assist in data integration and cleaning for our CRM database. This employee will be responsible for all daily accounting tasks and carry out relevant administrative duties. Ultimately, they will ensure the company’s finances and data integration processes run smoothly. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and the Chief of Staff.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree and at least four years of experience as a Staff Accountant or relevant role.
- Skilled in the use of standard office equipment and accounting, spreadsheet, database, CRM (Salesforce experience a plus), and Microsoft Suite software experience.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks accounting software.
- Exceptional attention to detail with proven math and organizational skills.
- Takes initiative and action and gets work done quickly.
- Strong customer service ethic and willingness to go above and beyond to help PFB’s stakeholders.
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- A commitment to safe, healthy, reliable, and affordable access to bicycling for all members of a community.
- PeopleForBikes will consider alternative ways that an applicant may have gained the required qualifications, outside of traditional pathways.
Accounting (About 50-60% of time)
- Maintain and update accurate accounting records and files for both the PeopleForBikes Coalition and the PeopleForBikes Foundation, including performing general bookkeeping tasks
- Oversee expense report management of our 27-person staff
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledgers
- Maintain relationships with key vendors and engage them to research discrepancies as needed
- Analyze transactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare documents for the annual external audit
- Research and apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Work to improve financial processes
- Assist VP of Finance with other key accounting functions as needed
Data Administrator (About 40-50% of time)
- Perform data integration projects with Salesforce and other databases using Excel or other tools as needed
- Create processes for assessing and cleaning current datasets
- Assist staff in reporting needs
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits
This “at-will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience with a range of $50,000 – $60,000. PeopleForBikes offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. This includes paid health insurance for employees, a generous paid-time-off (PTO) policy including 22 days plus federal holidays, paid parental leave, flexible work schedule including work from home options, and optional participation in a deferred compensation retirement plan, with immediate vesting of the competitive employer match. In addition, we provide long-term disability insurance, a regional public transportation pass, a cell phone plan, computer along with other benefits.
At PeopleForBikes, our agreed-upon set of team norms is what drives us to do our best every day we show up to work. We continually strive to build and strengthen our team, we work together effectively to serve our mission, and we have fun. Beyond that, we’re casual, we work flexibly with some remote work allowed and we love dogs. You don’t have to be an amazing bike rider to work here — what matters to us is a desire to work alongside passionate people improving the world through bikes (and hopefully you love bikes too).
- Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF file, via email, with “Staff Accountant + Data Administrator” in the subject line to PeopleForBikes’ Chief of Staff, at [email protected].
- The cover letter should not exceed one page, and briefly explain the candidate’s applicable experience including your experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Due to volume, we will not respond to telephone or in-person inquiries.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The position is available immediately and will remain open until the position is filled.
- Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background.
Our work to create safer, more comfortable, and more accessible places for everyone to ride starts with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We want our staff to be reflective of the backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the communities we serve, and to create an inclusive work environment where employees and the communities we serve feel welcomed, valued, respected, and received. We believe that no matter who you are, where you’re from, or why you ride, everyone can find joy on a bicycle.