Local Engagement Portal
PeopleForBikes has always offered our large supporter list to local groups to help bring reinforcements to their most pressing opportunities and threats. Now, we have an easier way for groups to activate PeopleForBikes members in their area. Through our Local Engagement Portal, local and state bicycle advocacy groups can rally the PeopleForBikes movement around a policy issue.
We know our members care deeply about work in their own communities and we hope the Local Engagement Portal will elevate this work. We want to help your efforts to improve bicycling succeed, whether it’s a safe passing law, funding measure, access issue, new bike park or the launch of a bike sharing system.
To apply for an opportunity to communicate your issue to our more supporters, read the guidelines below and fill out the application.
- We are specifically looking for timely action items around an issue that serves the larger bicycling movement, e.g. a petition, legislative ask, public meeting or regulation change.
- Please try to submit your request at least two (2) weeks before desired action date.
- We will include local membership offers tied to a specific policy alert, but please do not submit membership or fundraising asks.
- We reserve the right to decide whether to broadcast an action to our list. Not all requests will be granted.
- In most cases we will send one alert per issue. We will work with you to select the best time for the alert if your request has multiple stages.
- After your action alert goes to our members, we ask that you send a dedicated email and social media post to your supporters encouraging them to join PeopleForBikes for free within one (1) month of the date we send your alert.
- In order to keep our membership engaged, we often send a report back to those who took action on an issue letting them know the outcome. We ask that you report back to PeopleForBikes no later than six (6) weeks after your alert goes out.